We are so happy to announce that we will be returning to in-person worship gatherings on Sunday, June 14, 2020!
Thank you for filling out the surveys that our Leadership Team sent out. They have been very helpful in determining the perspectives and expectations of our congregation.
We will begin by meeting outdoors on June 14 at 10:30 am. This is an ideal way to begin meeting together, since it has been shown to be much safer in terms of spreading viruses around. We will have an informal service, probably on the grassy area on the east side of our property. Bring lawn chairs if you can; we will have some of our plastic chairs available, too.
Guidelines for our meeting
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will be observing the following guidelines for the safety and peace of mind of those who attend:
- Social distancing of 6 ft. outside of your own family
- No touching. This means no handshakes, hugs, or any physical contact. Please don’t offer a hug or handshake to anyone.
- Bring your own coffee. We won’t be providing any drinks or snacks, so if you want some, bring it along.
- Children stay with parents or grandparents. There will be no children’s ministry. Please understand that children are children, and they may break some of our protocols!
- Building will be closed (except for necessary restroom use)
- If you are sick, have symptoms (including fever), or feel you are at risk, please stay home.
- Face coverings will be available if you would like to use one.
- We are planning to either livestream our service, or have it available online later on Sunday.
- We are doing all we can to minimize risk, but we can’t eliminate risk completely. Please keep that in mind as you decide whether to attend.
Please come with grace
It has been three months since we’ve met together. Some of us just can’t wait. Others may be apprehensive. All of us need to have grace and patience, and all of us need to observe the guidelines – no exceptions!
If things go well outside, hopefully we can meet indoors in a few weeks.
We hope to see you this Sunday at 10:30 am!