This week we will be looking at the prophets Amos and Obadiah through our current sermon series, Minor Prophets with a Major Message. These books of the Bible are so named not because they are minor in importance, but because they are shorter in length than the “major prophets” of Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc. In fact, these books are extremely interesting and relevant. Here are just a few quotes from the Minor Prophets:
- Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.
- The just shall live by his faith.
- Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
- Out of Egypt I have called my son.
- Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
See you for worship on Sunday morning!