For our next sermon series, we will be going through a section of the Bible called the Minor Prophets. These books are so named not because they are minor in importance, but because they are shorter in length than the “major prophets” of Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc. In fact, these books are extremely interesting and relevant. Here are just a few quotes from the Minor Prophets:
- Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.
- The just shall live by his faith.
- Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
- Out of Egypt I have called my son.
- Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
We’re going to spend several weeks in the Minor Prophets, and I’m going to ask you to read a book every week. This week’s book is the first minor prophet, Hosea. I think you will find it fascinating. For one thing, Hosea is told by God to marry a prostitute! Find out why this Sunday!
So, your assignment is, read the book of Hosea in the Old Testament by this Sunday.
See you for worship on Sunday morning!